• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mentally ill and a drug addict

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Travis420

What is the name of your state?NJ

About 2 months ago I was diagnose with bi-polor depression, when I got out of the hospital, I signed up for disability to help pay for the meds. What are the likely hoods of getting aproved? I can't afford the refills of my anti depressions meds. Right now I'm spending what money I can get from working odd jobs here and there for my methadone. I'm not looking for long term care, just something to get me by so I can go back to school and get my GED, a steady place to live, and get a car, so I can be reliable employee for work.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanx

Travis

rmet4nzkx

Can you conbine your two posts into one so we have the whole story in one place? You should contact the court and also the discharge social worker from the hospital for referals to local mental health programs.

Travis420

rmet4nzkx

I'm not sure what you mean by your question. This disability question is totally seperate from what I posted about my summons. I just learned about this site's exsistance today. I have been wondering if I was just wasting my time filling out those forms.

Travis

rmet4nzkx

They are related and we can't do everything for you. Also contact the public defender's office. https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=240275
Travis420 said:

This whole thing started way back in late December of 2004. I was sent to the hospital becouse I OD'ed on heroin. The police got in volved and I was given a ticket of some sort for the needle that I had. I was let go, but I haven't done any thing about that ticket. So as the weeks went by I moved a few times, locally; my mail never got caught up to me untill recently. Couple of days ago I got this summons through the mail stated that I should appear in court, but the date is past due, so I got this letter too late. I had a friend of mine to check out the number on the letter to see if there was a warrent out and there is.

I know I should go to the courts and get it straighten out but I have a few questions first.

Roughly how much does it cost to clear a warrent?

What is the most likely case senerio of what they are going to do to me? I don't have any previous record, this is my first offense.

If I do get lock up, for how long? This question is very important cause I'm on MMT program and won't last to long without my methadone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanx

Travis

somarco

Signed up for what kind of disability? Public or private? Do you have an insured disability plan and you are making a claim?

Do you have health insurance?

If you dont have either (health insurance or disability insurance) the chances of a carrier issuing either (outside of a group insurance plan) are slim and none.

rmet4nzkx

somarco said:
Signed up for what kind of disability? Public or private? Do you have an insured disability plan and you are making a claim?

Do you have health insurance?

If you dont have either (health insurance or disability insurance) the chances of a carrier issuing either (outside of a group insurance plan) are slim and none.
Read both threads, they are working odd jobs they don't have insurance.

Travis420

I think I filled out the forms for SSDI, well any way to answer somarco's question; no I don't have any kind of insurance. I have never work long enough at one place to recieve benifits of any kind. I'm only 20 and I need to find some advice on ssdi, I think it's called that I'm not sure. I don't think a public defender would help, would they? I'll check it out anyways, what do I have to lose right.

Thanks for the advice

Travis

Heather2

Travis420 said:

About 2 months ago I was diagnose with bi-polor depression, when I got out of the hospital, I signed up for disability to help pay for the meds. What are the likely hoods of getting aproved? I can't afford the refills of my anti depressions meds. Right now I'm spending what money I can get from working odd jobs here and there for my methadone. I'm not looking for long term care, just something to get me by so I can go back to school and get my GED, a steady place to live, and get a car, so I can be reliable employee for work.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanx

Travis
Have you already had an appointment with them or just turned in your paperwork? I'm bipolar and see them May 10th, so if you have not already met with them I'll give you some pointers after I go. The following website has some useful info.
www.socialsecurity.gov

Heather

somarco

The defintion of disability under Social Security is different than other programs. Social Security pays only for total disability. No benefits are payable for partial disability or for short-term disability.

Disability under Social Security is based on your inability to work. We consider you disabled under Social Security rules if you cannot do work that you did before and we decide that you cannot adjust to other work because of your medical condition(s). Your disability must also last or be expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.

This is a strict definition of disability. Social Security program rules assume that working families have access to other resources to provide support during periods of short-term disabilities, including workers' compensation, insurance, savings and investments.

Note: most SSDI applications are initially rejected no less than 3x. Average time from application to approval is 18 months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">