• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbors and boundaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kardon45

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

We purchased our house 3 years ago. WE always have a cordial relationship with our neighbor until a couple days ago. we are doing some renovation in the house and the contractor brought in some gravel to create a slope for transport of materiels. Some of the gravels landed on the fence in the yard
( the bad side facing my property) the neighbor called the police and claims damage to their fence and property. (No malicious intent, from police report)After my husband cleared the fence from the gravels. They insisted that we cleaned 16 inches more, because they claimed that they did not installed their fence in their property line. they left a few inches to allow them acces to the back of it for maintenance purposes; thru a gate that give them direct acces to our backyard. (never notice the gate before) My husband wants them to move the fence to the lot line and do not want them near our yard. In 3 years they have not maintained those 16 inches, we have been. we have a registered land. What can we do to resolve this issue.

Last edited:

PghREA

A survey will tell you where the lot line is. It is always a good idea to place a fence inside the boundry line of the area that is being fenced-in. If you want the owner to maintain the property that is on your side of the fence, tell him (after you remove the gravel).

panzertanker

kardon45 said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

We purchased our house 3 years ago. WE always have a cordial relationship with our neighbor until a couple days ago. we are doing some renovation in the house and the contractor brought in some gravel to create a slope for transport of materiels. Some of the gravels landed on the fence in the yard
( the bad side facing my property) the neighbor called the police and claims damage to their fence and property. (No malicious intent, from police report)After my husband cleared the fence from the gravels. They insisted that we cleaned 16 inches more, because they claimed that they did not installed their fence in their property line. they left a few inches to allow them acces to the back of it for maintenance purposes; thru a gate that give them direct acces to our backyard. (never notice the gate before) My husband wants them to move the fence to the lot line and do not want them near our yard. In 3 years they have not maintained those 16 inches, we have been. we have a registered land. What can we do to resolve this issue.
Build your own fence on your property line after having a registered survey performed.
Screw your neighbors, they are acting like jacka$$'!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">