• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

walkway easement to pond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

virginiabeach

What is the name of your state? Virginia
We want to purchase an 8 acre piece of property in Virginia. There is a small house and a detached garage. According to the survey there exist a "walkway" easement the runs along the driveway, between the house and garage and down beside a pond (which is on "our" property) then continues down the hill along side a stream that leads to another pond that is considered a "common" pond for all of the HOA to use. The amount of traffic is a concern but mostly I am concerned about liability. I have yet to receive a copy of the current bylaws but I have one that is several years old and there is no mention of the "walkway" easement. The easement has been in existence for several years according to the surveys I have. My first preference would be to do away with the easement. What if someone hurt themselves on that walkway? Who maintains the walkway, especially considering the fact that part of it is the driveway. Thank you in advance for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">