• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weeder

What is the name of your state? ID

my mother has a few cats (7) and ever since she moved into her house the nieghbor has repeatedly called the humane society and made complaints and have them come out to our house, just recently we have been issued a citation for excesive animals but this has been going on for 4 years. we have done nothing to interupt their life style or the cats have done nothing to them also. the neighbor hood that we live in has many cats that roam around and not just my mothers cats. Most of the time they are inside. Now i want to know if i can consider this harrassment by an indirect intervention by use of law enforcement to harrass. and i feel we have done nothing wrong and feel harrased by this neighbor. and i can wager that it will not stop on the neighbors part. i want this to stop and get on with our lives. i personally think the neighbor just likes to complain and has no reason too. any advise will be helpfull

Shel77

If you were issued a citation for excesive animals then I suppose you are breaking some sort of county/city law or they would not have been able to do anything. Point is if they gave you a citation then she has every right to report you for doing something that is not allowed where you live. So what if there are cats everywhere in the neighborhood that doesn't mean that you don't have to obey the laws.

S

seniorjudge

BelizeBreeze said:
Keep all of the cats inside then there's no problem right?
Yes....

Most of the time they are inside.

Make that 100% of the time they are inside and the problem will be solved.

Cats are very destructive.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">