• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sump pump hose drains into street

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AceThunder

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

For the last 2 years that I lived in this house, numerous neighbors have their sump pump hose draining into the street and into the storm sewers. Recently the Association has came down on those people due to complaints by other neighbors. The Association went to the town and were told that the sump pump hoses CAN be directed towards the street. At the last board meeting the Association brought up the sump pump hose problems with some of the neighbors and explained that the Tow, the county, and even the DNR say it is fine to do. Two months later, a certified letter was mailed to me stating that the board requested that I move my hose to the back and over the winter I did but recently moved it back to the front. The letter states a lie, because the Association never requested anyone to move them to the back. We move them to the back of the house at winter time so we don't ice the streets. With the threat of legal action, how should I handle this, since I was the only one to get this certified letter.

Ace

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">