• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court error on ruling!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pixelman05

I'm in Orlando, Florida. I just had a case before the Magistrate that was ruled in my favor. It's on the record and everyone in the room understood the ruling. However, a few days later the Magistrate made his written recommendation and accidentally ruled the opposite. So, we had to schedule a hearing on this error. Well, my attorney made a mistake at this hearing in not requesting a "written transcript". But, he did bring the audio tape and he said he thought that would suffice. The judge refused to listen to the audio tape and refused to grant an extension so my attorney could get the written transcript. She ruled in favor of the court error!!! She didn't even simply ask me or the other attorney what we can recollect.

My attorney is filing 2 more motions. One is for a re-hearing and the other is one where he acknowledges to the court that he made a mistake and not to take it out on his client, me.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? What sort of recourse do I have against my attorney? What sort of recourse do I have against the dumb a** magistrate that made the original mistake? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">