• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can talk to buyer and then present deal it to my realtor.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bahoo

What is the name of your state? Arizona
We are represented by a realtor. Recently a man came to me directly seeking to purchase our property.Can I talk and negotiate with this man and then present it to my realtor so that she gets her commission. My realtor says this is against the law. She has her own buyers she is pushing with countless wormy contract offers that she says was the best we could do. When my man came to table hers finally at the last minute matched the cash offer. She is on the back side of that deal for resale. Is not her first priority to look out for us and not worry about reselling it for our buyers? I am one of five and we have to have a like mind to move forward. What I really want to know is can I talk to the man that contacted me and work out a deal? This she tells me is against the law.
Thanks

Last edited:

bahoo

can I talk to a potential buyer for property?

We are represented by a realtor. Recently a man came to me directly seeking to purchase our property.Can I talk and negotiate with this man and then present it to my realtor so that she gets her commission. My realtor says this is against the law. She has her own buyers she is pushing with countless wormy contract offers that she says was the best we could do. When my man came to table hers finally at the last minute matched the cash offer. She is on the back side of that deal for resale. Is not her first priority to look out for us and not worry about reselling it for our buyers? I am one of five and we have to have a like mind to move forward. What I really want to know is can I talk to the man that contacted me and work out a deal? This she tells me is against the law.
Thanks

PghREA

bahoo said:
Thanks
Have the man who approached you directly meet with your Realtor or a Realtor of his choosing to prepare a sales agreement. This is what must be done when you have listed your home with a realty company.

bahoo

well I did that but

I informed my realtor that the man wanted to offer a letter of intent for cash at a certain price. At this point her buyer finally rushed at the last minute to make the same offer. This is after a month & 1/2 of offers such sixteen year payout, 10 year payout 5 year payouts 2 year payout. On every offer my realtor said it was unheard of for us to recieve such an exceptional offer. The man who contacted me hinted that she acted like she did not want to cobroker the transaction. He represents another entity or masterplanned community who is the actual potential buyer.I want to know if I can still directly talk with this man. She has threatened me more or less and tells me I can't. As owner I feel I should have the right to talk to a potential buyer. What if a friend of mine wanted to buy the property. If we decided on price then I could send him to her. I don't feel she deserves a commission but that's not what I'm asking.

The only reason we are still listed with this agent now is that she takes advantage of an older lady connection with my 80 yr. old aunt. Nothing at all against older ladies. But she pushes her buttons and acts like she is one of the family. My aunt is 50% owner.
I know she should be fired and reported but what I want to know is can I talk to this man directly. I want to be able to prove to my aunt that this lady is up to no good. Also how long does it take to get on multiple listing and is there paperwork that we as sellers have to fill out? She delays and delays this point hoping to secure a deal for her friend the buyer. We have never been on the open market as far as I know going on 6 years.
Thank you

PghREA

bahoo said:
I informed my realtor that the man wanted to offer a letter of intent for cash at a certain price. At this point her buyer finally rushed at the last minute to make the same offer. This is after a month & 1/2 of offers such sixteen year payout, 10 year payout 5 year payouts 2 year payout. On every offer my realtor said it was unheard of for us to recieve such an exceptional offer. The man who contacted me hinted that she acted like she did not want to cobroker the transaction. He represents another entity or masterplanned community who is the actual potential buyer.I want to know if I can still directly talk with this man. She has threatened me more or less and tells me I can't. As owner I feel I should have the right to talk to a potential buyer. What if a friend of mine wanted to buy the property. If we decided on price then I could send him to her. I don't feel she deserves a commission but that's not what I'm asking.

The only reason we are still listed with this agent now is that she takes advantage of an older lady connection with my 80 yr. old aunt. Nothing at all against older ladies. But she pushes her buttons and acts like she is one of the family. My aunt is 50% owner.
I know she should be fired and reported but what I want to know is can I talk to this man directly. I want to be able to prove to my aunt that this lady is up to no good. Also how long does it take to get on multiple listing and is there paperwork that we as sellers have to fill out? She delays and delays this point hoping to secure a deal for her friend the buyer. We have never been on the open market as far as I know going on 6 years.
Thank you
Personally, I would fire her and hire a Realtor. When you list a property, it should be immediately placed in the MLS. How long does it take? It depends on how fast the agent can type. Again, IF YOUR PROPERTY IS LISTED WITH A REALTY COMPANY, all inquiries need to be through a realtor. NO you can't talk to him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">