• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

apartment & pets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bellydancer

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

For a period of about 2 weeks, I won't be able to have my pet and wanted my sister to watch her for me. We decided to let her apartment complex know, but am now regretting it. They want a $350 non-refundable fee.

They say they don't allow temporary pets because someone did this and ended up with huge bills in repairing damage to the apartment. I asked them to make an exception since it's only for a few days (she doesn't stay in town over the weekends) but they said it would be against the Fair Housing Act to allow her not pay when others have to pay.

I wouldn't mind paying for damages - although a 5lb. shy dog isn't even capable of such damage plus the fact that my sister is only gone for 2 hrs. during the day, but it didn't help.

Is there any around this?? Technically, it isn't my sister's pet and since it's only there for a short time $350 seems high - especially since that's the charge others are paying for their dog. I was hoping she would pro-rate the fee, but no luck there either.

I just adopted her and don't want to board her either because she is so shy and timid. I think that would be awfully stressful for her.

ENASNI

Um

Sorry, they are completely in their rights, Plus the dog is so new to you, how would you even know what damage could be done yourself?

I understand you do not want to board her, but it might be the only way, and it might even cost less than $350.00. have your sister go visit her everyday to keep her calm...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">