• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy Fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trish elsey

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Indiana :mad:

Our home is on a lake and we have lake access and a boat dock. Our lake access is a deeded strip of land that leads to our dock area. We did extensive work on our sea wall and retaining wall. In the process, we had to move our boat dock over to the left because our dock was overlapping the neighbors on the right. The contractor told the neighbors on the left that we would PAY to have their dock moved over a little so our docks would not be so close together. The neighbors told the contractor 'no, don't move our dock, we'll get back at them by putting up a privacy fence to block their view of the lake'.

Well, they are in the early stages of having a privacy fence put up. This fence will block our view of the lake from our deck and all windows in the back of our house. I called the county commissioner and he wasn't much help so I'm visiting his office tomorrow. Even if the neighbors got a permit and providing everything is legal, I still feel that this privacy fence will reduce the value of our home and deny us the right to enjoy our home to the fullest.

Help!

trish elsey

undefined

My question: Is there anything I can do to get them to take down the fence even if they have a building permit?

Shel77

You want to know if you have the legal right to prevent them from building a fence on their property, that the county/city has given them a permit for? If they ar not allowed to do that they probley wouldn't be able to get a permit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">