• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I have been Taken to Jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jorland

My State is Tennesse.......I was recently taken out of my home and arrested for criminal trespassing on my neighbors property. My neighbor who works as a dispatcher for the police department, more than likely dispatched the officers to arrest me. I told the policeman I had purposely ignored my neighbor, and made all efforts to ignore her and stay off of her property. There is a home being built next to my neighbor and I had gone on the road in front of her house to find the contractor and ask about if he did any remodeling, he wasn't there at the time so I stood around and talk to the builder for awhile and proceeded back to my home. That night an officer of the police department came to my door and said that my neighbor was called at work by someone and told I had been on her property, I explained to him that I had walk on the road in front of my neighbor and was talking to the builders, but didn't think I had step onto her property.
He said well he thought he would just stop by and find out what this was all about and at that time I pointed to a large tree growing in my neighbors front yard. I had found someone to cut some of the dead limbs that hang over on my property and she told me I could cut on the tree that I would have to take the tree down completely.
I told her, that I could show her a copy of the Law of Trees, that said otherwise....and she said will just see about that or something to that effect. The next thing I know a Policeman is showing up at my door to say this neighbor has filed a harassment charge against me, and I should avoid any contact or going on to her property, and I assured him, I have no desire too.
But on April 23rd around 5PM two officer came to my house and arrested, handcuffed me and took me to jail and had me booked for criminal trespassing.
Now on April 19th my wife's mother died and my uncle died.....we buried them on April 22.....My wife was almost at a point of a breakdown I was very depressed and decided to take a nap. So you can see how a police
officer coming to your house and carring downtown and throwing you in with a bunch of drunks would make you a victum of a crime.
I have called Internal Affairs, but no one has returned my call ....can you help or advice me?

BelizeBreeze

Yes, go see an attorney for two things:

1. to file a no-contact order against the neighbor and;
2. to defend you against the criminal trespass.

You have the right to trim the tree branches although, with this game being played, I would strongly suggest you ask your attorney about proceeding.

Also, if the builder can verify your story then use him as the witness to debunk the charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">