• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSDI Benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikeymal

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hi All. My question for you all is...
I have a disability that took me off work from 1-15-01 til 5-15-03. I had two surgeries and permenant restrictions. I did collect work comp. for that time. My question is... Am I entitled to benfits during that time also?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need the money to pay my student loans. Thanks Mike

bjl1105

Mikeymal said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hi All. My question for you all is...
I have a disability that took me off work from 1-15-01 til 5-15-03. I had two surgeries and permenant restrictions. I did collect work comp. for that time. My question is... Am I entitled to benfits during that time also?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need the money to pay my student loans. Thanks Mike
There is such a thing as applying for a 'closed period of disability', however you are way beyond any retroactive payments that could have been made. SSA can only pay up to 12 months back from your application date (filing in May, 2005 would allow payments at the earliest May, 2004). So, 2001 and 2003 are too far back to claim benefits at this time. Workmans Comp often offsets the benefits, so you may have not been entitled to payments anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">