• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting a use variance for buyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsukots

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? new jersey

Iam selling my house and the land behind it. The land is on a 10000 sq ft lot. My realtor told us it was buildable and that we need to just get a variance for it. I went to get the variance but it got denied because the lot needs to 12000 sq ft. So now I have to get a use variance and hope it is approved. The question I have is the people who want to buy my house and lot want me to get the use variance before they buy. But the use variance wants to know what is being built on my lot, and I'm not the one building anything. Am i able to get approved for the use variance if I'm only getting it to prove that it is a builable lot? Also what would I put on the application for my proposal and reason for relief?

Please help me
Thanks,
DSukots

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">