• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Original boundaries sought

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MI

I've received a copy of the next-door neighbor's recent survey (she was courteous enough to notify us of plans to subdivide her property).

Upon inspection of the survey, I noticed some discrepancies between the last survey (1997) and her's (2005). The survey that I had showed the lots on either side of me, as the properties were once all family owned. The the newer survey showed 2 options at lot line: Post Recorded and Post Found (Actual).

There is a 12' difference between the two. Could that post have been moved? (100 sq ft of earth had been worked around post)

Where would I go to find the original division of properties to ascertain the original position of post and assure the post is in the original and correct position?

Will title insurance be of any help in solving this problem?

Would that information be held at the county records or at the township records?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">