• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maggots in KFC!!!! Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lpharis2001

What is the name of your state?GA

I purchased a bucket of KFC on Mon. and found a maggot that had been deepfried in the leftovers that had been refrigerated ever since we bought them. Do I have a lawsuit and what kind of attorney do I need?

lpharis2001 said:

I purchased a bucket of KFC on Mon. and found a maggot that had been deepfried in the leftovers that had been refrigerated ever since we bought them. Do I have a lawsuit and what kind of attorney do I need?
I don't know the answer to your question but I WILL NOT be purchasing anymore popcorn chicken. :eek:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lpharis2001 said:

My response:

Not unless you've suffered medical damages; e.g., you became sick as a result of eating the foreign material, were treated for the same, and received a bill.

How do you know it was maggots? Did you have an expert look at the material? How do you know it wasn't "nose pickings"?

Just be glad it wasn't a "chili-finger".

IAAL

jity

Don't listen to them.... I would sue KFC, Wendy’s, the finger, and the fly for causing you mental anguish… How much were you thinking $$$ ? Given the pattern of corporate business. KFC might issue a reward for 100,000.00 for information leading to the capture of this fly!!!! DON’T STOP YOUR QUEST FOR JUSTICE (even behind bars).

lpharis2001

I went to the KFC where I purchased the chicken after calling them. When I called the manager was extremely rude and demanded I return the chicken with the maggot to her before she would even consider refunding our purchase. I was more than happy to oblige. I just made sure it was at lunchtime when the restaurant was full of people.

I went in and announced in a loud voice that I was there to see the manager because I had found a maggot in my chicken. The manager still took 10 minutes to come to inspect the chicken. In the meantime, several customers left and they probably lost a couple hundred dollars in business. When she did check the chicken, it was very obviously a worm of some sort. She adamantly claimed it was "gristle" as she threw it as quickly as possible into the trash. I told her I didn't care what she called it, I wasn't eating it and wanted my money back. She did refund the money. I contacted the corporate headquarters of KFC, the health department, and as many people as I could find to tell them about the added "variety" in KFC's variety bucket.

kathrynne

lpharis2001, you wouldn't happen to be the psychotic I dealt with as a manager at KFC when the Twisters debuted, would you? The reason I ask is because what you found almost certainly WAS gristle. I stayed off this thread for as long as I could, but when you start making huge scenes in the store (for which KFC CAN call cops and have you removed--permanently) you're showing just how irrational you are.

I swear, everybody's looking for the Kentucky Fried rat and they're all getting the Wendy's finger! Hope all these psychos get jail time for the bogus lawsuit attempts, too.

No, it was NOT a career job, BTW. Just a fill-in between other stuff, and a temporary return to a job where smiling came easy.

lpharis2001

You know, I grew up on a chicken farm. I assisted in butchering chickens and have probably fried roughly 4 or 5 hundred chickens in my day. I have also seen alot of meal worms and maggots in my time growing up on that chicken farm. Trust me, I know the difference in gristle and maggots.

As far as me being in the KFC making a scene, had the manager responded responsibly like she should, the whole thing could have been avoided. The reason I actually called before I went up there was to arrange to meet her away from the customers to show her the offensive piece of meat. She was rude and would not do this. I simply did what I was told to do.

scoleman

maggots in chicken

Hi lpharis2001,
I totally understand your frustration. I, too, purchased a product only to find maggots in it. Back in Februaury, I posted an ad entitled Defected Candy. I purchased candy and consumed a great bit of it only to find maggots!! Not only was I physically sick, but I also was quite a bit emotionally damaged as well..Hadn't eaten chocolate since, and it's been 3 months. Yes, I did hire an attorney and I was already offered a settlement that my lawyer was not too happy with. I think you should pursue your lawsuit, as no one on this post knows the problems you endured but you..I wouldn't let anyone on this post prevent me from getting justice...Like I stated in my post, we should be gauranteed good, up to date products because we are spending our hard earned money for quality food...not food we should have to inspect for worms and maggots.. :(
scoleman

You know, I grew up on a chicken farm. I assisted in butchering chickens and have probably fried roughly 4 or 5 hundred chickens in my day. I have also seen alot of meal worms and maggots in my time growing up on that chicken farm. Trust me, I know the difference in gristle and maggots.

As far as me being in the KFC making a scene, had the manager responded responsibly like she should, the whole thing could have been avoided. The reason I actually called before I went up there was to arrange to meet her away from the customers to show her the offensive piece of meat. She was rude and would not do this. I simply did what I was told to do.

kathrynne

You've fried a WHOPPING 400-500 chickens in your day? That does mean in your entire life, as implied, right? That's less than a week of frying in my experience--and for a total of about eight YEARS combining KFC and Church's, mostly in high school and college, and ALL at more than 50 hours a week. They didn't exactly enforce those child labor laws back then, permitting me to save real money for college.

Having seen plenty of crackpots complain about imperfect chicken, ALL of whom claimed to be experts, I think I WON'T trust you--or anyone else, for that matter, tyvm.

You want to sue for an unproven maggot. You made a scene during lunch rush, thus inconveniencing loads of customers and ruining the days of several people who aren't paid NEARLY enough to deal with folks like you. Yep, I'm impressed. Please note the dripping of intense sarcasm.

Sure wish I'd sued somebody for every bit of dissatisfaction I've had in life. With all that's gone wrong, I'd be SET.

I had a worm stand at attention and practically WAVE at me once while eating a cookie around age eight. We were on one of those horrific 13+-hour road trips and the family had consumed all but about six cookies in the package while travelling 70-85 mph. At my calm announcement of "I don't want to alarm anyone, but there's a worm in my cookie," Mom immediately puked all over the luxury car's front seat--and we're just thankful DAD was driving at the time.

Life takes PERSPECTIVE and a sense of humor. That bit of gristle is surely a gourmet treat somewhere in the world, and if it was in fact a maggot, then it's DEFINITELY a treat somewhere!

ENASNI

gee

I wish I was a fly on the wall during Lunchtime at that KFC.

wwtcd=What would the Colonel do?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">