• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adverse Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mack2404

What is the name of your state?Virginia

I purchased my house years ago in a development of a dozen houses. Six of the houses across the street were located in the city and six houses on my side of the street were in the county. The original survey does not show an access road in the back of my property and there is a booked date. The physical access road ended at my property line at the house next to me. About a year after living in my house, my neighbors and I agreed to become city residents by signing a partition. A rezoning was done which included us in the city. When I refinanced my house about a year later, the survey showed an access road running in my back yard, but I did notice it at that time. I just recently noticed the access road on the survey when when paving started on my property for access to a new house in the back of me. I do not see a booked date on the modified survey so it might or might not be legal. My question is "can a zoning change to add a road on your property be done without officially notifying you"?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">