• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought Commercial Land & Found Untruths

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onemancd

What is the name of your state? California
I bought Commercially zoned land in Calif. to operate my business. The seller resides in Oregon. I found information I was given that persuaded me to buy the land is untrue & false. I want a lawsuit filed against seller.
My Asking "Does the lawsuit get filed in the California County where the land is & where the sales contract was executed & escrow handled or does it have to be filed in Oregon where the seller of the land resides?"
More information. I contacted a Real estate agent from sign on land I bought. I made tentative offer on phone. Agent called seller & seller accepted tentative offer & I was told by agent that there is "Good news." Seller told agent to tell me "that seller has been paying water hook up fees for many years & that I am guaranteed an immediate water hookup." I was told this information again when I signed the sales contract.
I wrote to the Water Company asking for the "immediate hookup." The water company for 7 months has no hookups available & does not know when they will have hookups available. As I do not have a "potable water source" as promised upon buying, I cannot get Elect. service either. I am now forced to close my business for five months due to heat and no electricity for Air Conditioning.

John Se

filing

your lawyer wiil know this, you file in your county and have the seller served at his home or business. But really seems like a lack of due dilligence, do you automatically believe what everybody tells you? You must be a push over on a used car too! Have you ever heard the term due dilligence, or verify. BTW are any of the sellers/agents statments in writing or part of the contract?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">