• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

have my sons rights been violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maryotten

What is the name of your state?california

My 14 year old son was approached,questioned, searched and photographed in a public parking lot by an undercorver police officer yesterday. He wasn't allowed to call me or any legal council. He was not arrested or charged with any crime. The orginal officer did call for uniformed backup and a undercover van of 4 more ununiformed police officers. She asked for this backup after determing my son was unarmed.
The police department said this was okay to do because he matched the discription of someone suspected of home invasion robberies. Can the police do these things to a minor with no parental consent or parent present?

BelizeBreeze

maryotten said:
What is the name of your state?california

My 14 year old son was approached,questioned, searched and photographed in a public parking lot by an undercorver police officer yesterday. He wasn't allowed to call me or any legal council. He was not arrested or charged with any crime. The orginal officer did call for uniformed backup and a undercover van of 4 more ununiformed police officers. She asked for this backup after determing my son was unarmed.
The police department said this was okay to do because he matched the discription of someone suspected of home invasion robberies. Can the police do these things to a minor with no parental consent or parent present?
they sure can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">