• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

myfirst

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curiousinla

:confused: What is the name of your state?louisiana,single dad of 2, my first son by joint custody.His mom and I extremely civil, my second son from another woman,happened about 2 years after i divorced. We unfortunately, have not met eye to eye. I pay child support an excessive amount, that would have been reduced if it had not been assigned through ourselves using private attorney's. The state was going to reduce until this came up.I was contacted today by my ex to relinquish my rights to our son. It has been unfortunately been a financial relationship that i have had.She and I live in different cities,I am also responsible for my other son here at home.Plus with the amount I pay c/s wise. It honestly leaves me with exactly enough to keep me afloat. I mean i am not getting ahead nor am i falling behind.In fact in order to do so, i have changed job's, removed health insurance and now have been approved for my oldest son to recieve medicare. To sum it all up I know it is not the boy's fault. There mom's and I placed them here. I wish things did not come to this. Does any one know are you in any way tied financially, if you relinquish your rights or allow adoption for her soon to be husband.Any help I'd appreciate it1

TLWE

In Louisiana, you are still going to be dealing with inheritance issues after the adoption, if it takes place.

For info on LA law concerning TPR and adoption, check out this legal site, it deals strictly with Louisiana Law. http://www.louisiana-legal.com/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">