• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proof of cohabitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gerryjones

What is the name of your state? NJ
Ex-wife moved in boyfriend six months ago, I need to know what proof the court needs for cohabitation. He recieves mail at that address,(personal, business, medical), runs a business out the home,( I have faxes from the number) and they present themselves as a couple. My changed of circumstance is that I have physical custody of my eldest son, therefore my expenses are higher than when the original settlement was made. Must I hire a private investigator for pictures etc? thanks in advance for any help.

VeronicaGia

gerryjones said:
What is the name of your state? NJ
Ex-wife moved in boyfriend six months ago, I need to know what proof the court needs for cohabitation. He recieves mail at that address,(personal, business, medical), runs a business out the home,( I have faxes from the number) and they present themselves as a couple. My changed of circumstance is that I have physical custody of my eldest son, therefore my expenses are higher than when the original settlement was made. Must I hire a private investigator for pictures etc? thanks in advance for any help.

What does your court order for alimony say? Is it lifetime alimony, does it have a certain date when it will stop, does it mention cohabitation? Is she the mother of your eldest son? Did you get the court order changed for custody and child support for the eldest son?

gerryjones

VeronicaGia said:
What does your court order for alimony say? Is it lifetime alimony, does it have a certain date when it will stop, does it mention cohabitation? Is she the mother of your eldest son? Did you get the court order changed for custody and child support for the eldest son?
Limited duration alimony, (ten years), no cohabitation clause in final decree. Yes, she is the mother of the eldest and all of my children ( two other boys 9 & 6). Yes,the court has changed custody ( primary residence with joint). She would not agree to follow the state guidelines and for the sake of my son I agreed to a lesser amount. She also let a vehicle get repossessed that she was awarded in the divorce, the divorce stipulated that she was responsible for all payments post divorce, she never made one and has since purchased a new vehicle.

VeronicaGia

gerryjones said:
Limited duration alimony, (ten years), no cohabitation clause in final decree. Yes, she is the mother of the eldest and all of my children ( two other boys 9 & 6). Yes,the court has changed custody ( primary residence with joint). She would not agree to follow the state guidelines and for the sake of my son I agreed to a lesser amount. She also let a vehicle get repossessed that she was awarded in the divorce, the divorce stipulated that she was responsible for all payments post divorce, she never made one and has since purchased a new vehicle.
Well, you can try, but since it mentions nothing I don't know whether or not it will matter. However, you can and should file contempt of court against her for the car. You should also file for child support based on state guidelines. She won't have a choice but to agree, since it is the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">