• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Owners Association - Inactive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toimprove

I have a property in Florida that I have placed up for sale. It is located across a pond. Due to heavy rains this season the pond has overflown into my acre and almost to my door steps. My yard is flooded. I have asked the county to assist and have found that the pond was bequeathed to the HOA which is inactive. This overflow impacts my neighbor as well. The property is a mess and is difficult to provide curbside appeal to a prospective buyer. We've considered pumping out the water from the yard, but that is not the answer because even if we put it back in the street, the pond overflow continues. What are my options since the county advises it is private property belonging to the HOA and they cannot do anything? I can't sue an inactive HOA, and even if I did I would be suing myself as a property owner. Please provide me your recommendations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">