• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil suit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lagli

TX - In 2001, 3 days after giving LL a 30 day written (notarized) notice of intent to vacate, they tried to evict me. Before we even went to court on the matter of eviction, they removed & destroyed most of our personal property. The items destroyed & removed included handicapped accessories, medical equipment, all family photos, food, clothing & bedding. We went to court, i won. The judge also informed them they should seek a lawyer, because if i was smart, i'd be suing them for civil rights violations. Because of other circumstances in my life at the time, i was not able to sue then. I need to know if i can still file a civil suit for civil rights violation on this matter.

The reason this is coming up 4 years after the fact is because i just discovered on April 18, 2005 that they lied to Credit reporting agncies about the eviction case. Said i was evicted, i wasn't and have court papers to prove it. Since finding this out, I have been turned down for new living arrangements. I need to know what legal remedies i have against these people for knowingly filing false information with the CRA's. Bottom line, i was NEVER evicted, yet they were able to report an eviction against me. HELP!!! These people should have to pay for the pain, suffering & inconvenience they have caused us over the course of 4 years.

Last edited:

zippysgoddess

Well if you have the proof that you won in court and suffered no eviction, you can send copies of that to all the CRA's and force them to remove it from your files. Make sure to send it certified mail, return receipt requested so they cannot deny having received it.

Then consult an attorney regarding the other matter, you may have a case against them for filing false information with the CRA's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">