• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$500 Water Payment For Single Household

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ANDY NEAL

I live in Washington state. Last year I bought a new pump and other stuff for the well.(approx. $5000.). that provides me with water that belonged to a bank that gave up the land for unpaid taxes. Now the new owners of the well property are charging me $500 per month to use the well. The well is high in nitrates but I have an agreement with previous owners that I know about the high nitrates and will pay $30. per month for water. The agreement also states that they can increase the water payment with 30 days notice, which the new owners have done in the amount of $500 per month.Are there any regulations or laws to prevent this unreasonable amount. I found a statuatory warrenty deed that invokes a covent on the property to supply the residents of my township with water at a reasonable rate. What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">