• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mulch and dirt yard next door

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? texas

this is my problem. for the past 5 years we have had a mulch/dirt yard behind our house. when they moved in, they cut down every tree including some on our property. the neighborhood association finally sued the dirt yard and they were ordered to put up a fence and replant trees they cut down.

even with the fence and small trees, various dirt and organic matter coninues to float with the wind on to our property. it gets on cars, furniture, the yard and makes it difficult to breathe sometimes. i'm concerned over long term health risks from this dirt and organic matter floating into our yard.

what are my legal rights. there was a case about 10-15 years ago where workers from a dirt yard sued their employer because they developed silicosis of the lungs from all the sand. while we're not working for them, the concern is still there as alot of the debris float to our yard.

teflon_jones

Your best bet is probably to go to the neighborhood assc again and complain about the problem and see what they're willing to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">