• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protecting our property from the owner around us?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mar05

Florida

Relatives and myself own some property. The taxes are up to date. The same party owns all of the property adjacent to ours. Is there anything that we need to worry about because the word is out that they want our piece of property. Everything around us is under contract. Construction has begun. What can we do to protect ourselves from them causing any problems with our property? Very soon we will start looking for a lawyer to handle all matters pertaining to this property? How can we go about finding a lawyer that has no contact with these individuals?

Last edited:

mar05

mar05 said:
Florida

Relatives and myself own some property. The taxes are up to date. The same party owns all of the property adjacent to ours. Is there anything that we need to worry about because the word is out that they want our piece of property. Everything around us is under contract. Construction has begun. What can we do to protect ourselves from them causing any problems with our property? Very soon we will start looking for a lawyer to handle all matters pertaining to this property? How can we go about finding a lawyer that has no contact with these individuals?
Hey guys, no response, what is going on? ;)

BelizeBreeze

GEEEZ Wait your turn. This isn't McDonald's!

mar05 said:
Florida

Relatives and myself own some property. The taxes are up to date. The same party owns all of the property adjacent to ours.
This doesn't make sense. Are you saying that relatives and yourself own some property AND the property adjacent to it or that another individual/entity owns the adjacent property?

If the latter, then whom?
mar05 said:
Florida
Is there anything that we need to worry about because the word is out that they want our piece of property. Everything around us is under contract.
WAAAY to broad a question.
mar05 said:
Florida
Construction has begun.
Construction on what? A new sewer? An outhouse?
mar05 said:
Florida
What can we do to protect ourselves from them causing any problems with our property?
What kind of problems are you anticipating?
mar05 said:
Florida
Very soon we will start looking for a lawyer to handle all matters pertaining to this property? How can we go about finding a lawyer that has no contact with these individuals?
Real Estate attorney....Phone Book....Billboard....senace....ask others...OR, ask the attorney you are interviewing.

mar05

BelizeBreeze said:
GEEEZ Wait your turn. This isn't McDonald's!
How did I guess that you would be the one to reply to my question?.
I love your sense of humor:)

This doesn't make sense. Are you saying that relatives and yourself own some property AND the property adjacent to it or that another individual/entity owns the adjacent property? If the latter, then whom?
Sorry for the mistake. The other individual(family) is someone else. I made it sound like it was the same party. I am very sorry for the typo..

WAAAY to broad a question.
I added more details. I got excited!! :p

Construction on what? A new sewer? An outhouse?
Homes, schools and etc.

What kind of problems are you anticipating?
I don't know, that is why I am asking. There are a lot of crooks in this world... Here is a little more detail.

Our property is in the middle of this other individual. They own everything around us besides the county road on the West side... Yes, it sounds crazy. Is there anything sneeky that this individual can do to shoot the value down on our property? This individual(family) is very wealthy and owns a lot of land. I want to be ahead of the game, just incase..

Real Estate attorney....Phone Book....Billboard....senace....ask others...OR, ask the attorney you are interviewing.
Thanks for the heads up :D

Last edited:
S

seniorjudge

mar05 said:
How did I guess that you would be the one to reply to my question?.
I love your sense of humor:)

Sorry for the mistake. The other individual(family) is someone else. I made it sound like it was the same party. I am very sorry for the typo..

I added more details. I got excited!! :p

Homes, schools and etc.

I don't know, that is why I am asking. There are a lot of crooks in this world... Here is a little more detail.

Our property is in the middle of this other individual. They own everything around us besides the county road on the West side... Yes, it sounds crazy. Is there anything sneeky that this individual can do to shoot the value down on our property? This individual(family) is very wealthy and owns a lot of land. I want to be ahead of the game, just incase..

Thanks for the heads up :D

Okay, I surrender.

What are you talking about?

mar05

ENASNI said:
Yeah, my white flag is up too... Are you talking Mafia...(family) :confused:

You guys/gals are funny!!
Nope, everything was handed down from the ancesters. Lucky them!! I would rather deal with the Mophia.. :D Is there a good honest RealEstate Lawyer out there?

Thank you!!

S

seniorjudge

Q: Is there a good honest RealEstate Lawyer out there?

A: There was one once but we knocked him off before he could infect the rest of us. So, give us some clear facts and some clear questions and we will try to help.

Happy Trails

Are you thinking that they may try to force you to sell your property?

Our School District forced a property sale; the owner's tried to fight it for awhile. The school ended up getting it for fair market value.

Last edited:

mar05

seniorjudge said:
Q: Is there a good honest RealEstate Lawyer out there?

A: There was one once but we knocked him off before he could infect the rest of us. So, give us some clear facts and some clear questions and we will try to help.
I stumped you!!

Ciao

Last edited:

mar05

Happy Trails said:
Are you thinking that they may try to force you to sell your property?

Our School District forced a property sale; the owner's tried to fight it for awhile. The school ended up getting it for fair market value.

I'm not worried about the schools because they have already broken ground.
Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">