• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i liable???????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wmgraves2nd

What is the name of your state? NC.
I carry full coverage on my automobile. $50,000 personal injury for each passenger. i allowed my 18 year old ex-step son to drive my truck. he told me that he was going one place however he lied and went somewhere else and had an accident involving personal injury. he had a passenger in the vehicle who was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the vehicle nearly causing death. he was clearly at fault and was charged rightfully. my question is, Am I personally liable for any damages because it was my vehicle?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wmgraves2nd said:
What is the name of your state? NC.
I carry full coverage on my automobile. $50,000 personal injury for each passenger. i allowed my 18 year old ex-step son to drive my truck. he told me that he was going one place however he lied and went somewhere else and had an accident involving personal injury. he had a passenger in the vehicle who was not wearing a seat belt and was thrown from the vehicle nearly causing death. he was clearly at fault and was charged rightfully. my question is, Am I personally liable for any damages because it was my vehicle?

My response:

What was the cause of the accident? Drinking? Drugs?

Do you know about his past driving record? What's it like?

IAAL

wmgraves2nd

am i liable

NC. there was no drugs or alcohol involved. it was very foggy and wet and he was unfamilar with the area. he ran a stop sign at a four way intersection and flipped the truck. it was a single car accident. the passenger who was not wearing a seatbelt had drugs in their system. it was person that he had just met. and was taking them home. thats why he was unfamilar with the area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">