• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

easement given for park

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jillcpf

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

a previous owner gave over all the property around my business to the city in an easement for a park. the original plans would have cost $62,000 and been an asset to my business and the city.

over the last 1 years of "we will get to it" the plans have drastically changed to little more then a few flowers and non secured picnic bench's that will pose a actual threat that a Young burglar will use these items to break in to my store. I have been told i will also have to carry insurance on this park.

Is there any way to make the city take my needs as a business owner and the property owner into account on this matter?

the city administrator has said there is nothing i can do.

jillcpf

I do not understand I have purchased the land i am the titled land owner the city is the one who holds the easement.

What i am looking to do is get them to give up the easement or at least take into account my needs and desires as the landowner.

BelizeBreeze

jillcpf said:
I do not understand I have purchased the land i am the titled land owner the city is the one who holds the easement.

What i am looking to do is get them to give up the easement or at least take into account my needs and desires as the landowner.
You can ask the city but you cannot force them to give up the easement just as you cannot force a private party to give up the easement.

If you purchased the land knowing there was an easement then it's your own fault.

Better get out your wallet.

jillcpf

This issue keeps getting better The city adminstrator just tried to explain that the easment reads every thing "east of the building wall" and that means the paint on the wall too. :confused:
I was told there was no easment on the mural that is painted there and i could put up a banner if i wished by here less then a year ago.

HomeGuru

jillcpf said:
This issue keeps getting better The city adminstrator just tried to explain that the easment reads every thing "east of the building wall" and that means the paint on the wall too. :confused:
I was told there was no easment on the mural that is painted there and i could put up a banner if i wished by here less then a year ago.

**A: your posts are filled with incorrect information. Hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">