• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help! LTD ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike2boys

What is the name of your state? Delaware, I was injured at work in 1999 was put on workers compensation I am still recieving Workers comp medical prescriptions and 662/3 of my pay. I had Longterm Disability at my Job but never colected it due to workers comp paying me. well I am about to settle my W/C CASE I got SSDI on my first try. SSDI not paying me due to the w/c offset. i quaiify for 1380 a month ssdi and workers comp 1418 month. Here my Question If having LTD Benifits how does it work if you are already on SSDI? I never applied while injured becuse my empolyer covers 60% and my w/c was 66 2/3 Now I am settling workers comp with a perment injury where I am unemployable does longterm owe me back pay from injury date 1999? I wont accept LTD until my workers comp award been issued. any suggestion thoughts??? My employer is give me hard time. I am 33 yrs old married man with 2 young boys. Thank you. mike

ALawyer

WOW. If you have a lawyer on the WC, ask her.

As for the LTD, usually there is a coordination of benefits provision so that if and to the extent the SSDI covers, the private insurance from the employer doesn't. That's all factored into the pricing the employer pays, and part of the reason the employer provides it as a benefit. ALSO, often the standards differ -- SSI is usually the hardest.

Go and pay for an hour of an expert's advice. This is far too complcated to address on a Forum and often depends on exact policy language.

Cogen Man

W/C & LTD

Mike, I know in CA the LTD shouldn't be offset by the W/C. Being your employer was paying the premiums? your ltd benefit would be taxable...I sell ltd. The one hour advice sounds like what I would do.

Best of luck,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">