• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to know how to terminate biological rights of my childs father.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brandy Keels

want to know how to terminate my child's biological fathers rights

What is the name of your state?Arkansas. My child is 4. She hasn't seen her biological father since September 2004. He does't call or anything. I dont want him to have any parental rights because I dont want him to pop in and out of her life like he has been doing for the past 3 and a half years. I am now married and my husband wants to adopt her.. and I dont know how to go about this.

Last edited:

djohnson

Get an attorney and file for step parent adoption. You will have to show how it is in the best interest of the child to give up her bio father and child support. You will have to meet your states criteria. It's not advisable without an attorney.

Karla200333

Hi, i am from Arkansas also and i was wandering if you found out anything about step-parent adoption. If you get a chance please respond.

Thanks
karla200333

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">