• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immigration Support to be U.S. Citizin

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwcornett

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I have a 24 year old friend born in Syria lived with parents in Sauda Arabia. He has been in U.S. for almost 5 years on a Student Visa going to college. He has about a 3.75 grade point average and would like to become a U.S. citizen. He has ask me to support him for 3 years while he seeks U.S. citizenship.

What does signing his support papers make me liable for?

Some individuals say only that he will not go on welfare but I want to be sure.

[email protected]

AHA

dwcornett said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I have a 24 year old friend born in Syria lived with parents in Sauda Arabia. He has been in U.S. for almost 5 years on a Student Visa going to college. He has about a 3.75 grade point average and would like to become a U.S. citizen. He has ask me to support him for 3 years while he seeks U.S. citizenship.

What does signing his support papers make me liable for?

Some individuals say only that he will not go on welfare but I want to be sure.

[email protected]
Just signing a piece of paper will NOT get him a Green Card(which he will need to have for a few years before he can even consider applying for citizenship), you BOTH will have to appear for an interview with USCIS and prove without a doubt that you are a bona fide couple who are living together and have everything joint, such as bankaccts, insurance policies, utilites etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.
If he goes on welfare YOU will have to pay back that money to the government.
He can pretty much spend 24/7 on the couch eating dorritos and YOU have to pay ALL his bills for years to come.
Committing marriage fraud could land you in prisoon and fined 100s of thousands of $.

A friend of mine would NEVER ask me for something like that!!!!!

Be smarter than average Joe Blow and turn him down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">