• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! First time offender first degree misdemeanor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmassa21

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello, I am 18 years of age. I am being charged with propulsion of missiles into occupied vehicle which is a first degree misdemeanor punishable by no more than
5 years in prison and $10,000 fine. I am a first time offender with no criminal record, and am curious what my likely punishment may be. My friends and I were out fooling around with a paintball gun when I fired a round from an overpass which struck the ambulance directly on the windshield, though this was no ordinary ambulance, as even the officers stated it looked nothing like one. I certainly wouldn't have fired the shot if i was aware. No damage was done to the vehicle or the passengers.

dmassa21

I am mainly just concerned about what the likelihood of going to jail is. I am expecting at least fines and perhaps probation. If anyone is confident or just wants to take a guess, any opinions are welcome.

Mr. Man

Like the law says anywhere from what you are hoping for to 5 years in prison. It is pretty serious to interfere with moving vehicles. You could have cause somebody to loose their life. I could be looked at as especially serious because of the fact that you 18 and "just fooling around".

It is very common that a person who has not been in trouble with the law before and expresses remorse are sentences to probation. The fact that you are stating things like "it isn't an ordinary ambulance" and that nobody was injured are not good. The only words a person wanting probation should be uttering outloud is how sorry they are for the offense.

dmassa21

Yes I am well aware of how idiotic this was, ,but unfortuanately everyone makes dumb mistakes every now and again. I am remorseful, and regret that we even went outside that night. I was only mentioning that the ambulance was not the usual ambulance with the obvious lights and such,as I would not have shot it if I was able to identify that it was indeed an ambulance, not that it's okay to shoot any other vehicle of course. I am very grateful that no one was injured. I am more than willing to accept whatever fines and probation i receive as I deserve that, but I don't believe that jail time is justifiable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">