• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small non-profit: how exempt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Boulderguy

What is the name of your state? Colorado
Greetings all, this is my first post here. :)
I started a non-profit corporation for the purposes of online education 2 years ago. We are incorporated in the state of Colorado, and are currently in good standing. I pay for the entire project out of pocket, and we make very little in donations ($10 or $15 here and there). I was always under the impression that we were exempt from filing any kind of form or anual report with the IRS because our gross was under $25,000 per year. In fact, it's well under 2000 per year. We havn't persued actual 501(c)3 status, because we felt it has been unnecessary, given our "under the radar" income status.
Can anyone confirm these notions, and/or point me in the direction of a source that will confirm them for us? We don't have enough money to hire a lawyer. We are very small!!
Kind Regards,
Boulder

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">