• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many people in title have to sign the mortgage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

The title company insuring the mortgage policy WILL require ALL parties in title to sign any new mortgage.

BelizeBreeze

nextwife said:
The title company insuring the mortgage policy WILL require ALL parties in title to sign any new mortgage.
Not necessarily dear. I can think of one situation in which the mortgage company cannot require a Party to sign.

;)

S

seniorjudge

BelizeBreeze said:
Not necessarily dear. I can think of one situation in which the mortgage company cannot require a Party to sign.

;)
Tell us....

S

seniorjudge

BelizeBreeze said:
Well....since I'm in a mood to play....here's a hint.

When you show up for the deed signing, bring a shovel ;)
Yes, I agree that it is very difficult to have a dead person sign...it's a real struggle to get them to move the pen.

So I will change nexie's correct answer to read:

The title company insuring the mortgage policy WILL require ALL parties in title to sign any new mortgage OR otherwise show on the encumbering instrument why a non-signing party's interest is not necessary.

And, again, I will point out that this is one of those deals covered by the Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rule!

BelizeBreeze

seniorjudge said:
Yes, I agree that it is very difficult to have a dead person sign...it's a real struggle to get them to move the pen.

So I will change nexie's correct answer to read:

The title company insuring the mortgage policy WILL require ALL parties in title to sign any new mortgage OR otherwise show on the encumbering instrument why a non-signing party's interest is not necessary.

And, again, I will point out that this is one of those deals covered by the Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rule!
Bada BOOM!

Bada BING! :D

S

seniorjudge

BelizeBreeze said:
Bada BOOM!

Bada BING! :D
I hope you are giving the sand fleas a rest today.

I had a run-in with fire ants in Louisiana, but managed to outrun the little devils.

Shopping for arsenic today....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">