• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

molwei

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Minnesota
Do I need to retain an attorney to charge an individual with felony level fraud, or may I appeal to the appropriate county to press charges against the individual? The brief story is this: I was a co-signer on a loan for my ex-boyfriend in 1999. The original loan amount was 2000.00. Since then, we have separated and have not been in contact in years. In September of 2004, I began receiving collection notices from the bank on the account which now has a balance in excess of 10,000.00. The ex-boyfriend misrepresented to the bank that we were still living together to secure the additional money and then stopped making payments on the account. Currently, the bank is taking money from my account each month and has demanded a pay-off date of June 23, 2005. The ex-boyfriend will not speak to me or accept any of the mail that I send from the bank. My credit will be ruined and I'm already over a thousand dollars into his debt!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">