• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dmv Info On Out Of State Warrants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Personalhelper

What is the name of your state? Personalhelper-California

Haven't been here in a long while. I have someone close to me that has a warrant in Ohio. It's several years old for carrying a firearm. He got scared and left that state. Here's the situation. He wants to take care of it of course. HERE'S MY QUESTION: If you get an ID in the state of California or Arizona, is there a cross reference of any warrants outstanding from other states, specifically Ohio? He needs to work so he can pay the $1500 to have the warrant removed and be able to go to court with a lawyer (needs to pay him or her too of course). He can't get work with out an ID but is afraid that he will be caught before he can make ammends.

Hope that is clear enough.

I would appreciate any info you have.

thanks in advance.

CdwJava

This information IS shared by agencies and there IS a possiblity that he will be traced to whatever state he gets a license in.

His best bet is to just go home and take care of it there. An attorney will be provided for him. If he waits, he racks up greater penalties and the enhanced likelihood that he will be popped when he least wants to be.

- Carl

CaRenter

If he is applying for a California Identification Card, NOT a California drivers license, they will not be checking any warrant information. Additionally, if he is applying for a California Drivers License, they will only be checking for suspensions in others states, not arrest warrants.

CdwJava

But, the California Department of Justice DOES run new driver's license and ID card applicants for warrants through a series of national databases which may very well include out of state warrants if that state is willing to extradite from CA.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">