• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Manager rights in Sole proprietorship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

triedtohelp

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada

Here's the question: How much responsibility does a manager have when working for a sole-proprietorship in Nevada? I worked for a restaurant last year for about 4 months as a manager. I hired and fired people, purchased supplies, paid the employees and distributors (I was a signer on the checking account), as well as waited tables and put up with the owner's ignorance of the restaurant industry. I left/was termed in July 2004, basically mutual aggreement that it wasn't working out.

This morning (May 5, 2005), I got a call from an attorney on behalf of an advertising company, demanding payment for an ad that was bought but never fully paid for. This attorney said that this was already sent to the credit bureau to be posted to my credit report and he also had my husband's information (name & SSN).

Not only did I have full permission from the owner to make decisions like this, the owner was present and participating in the discussion with the salesman. Now, the advertising company is suing me for payment.

Submitted by: triedtohelp (afriend)

S

seniorjudge

triedtohelp said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada

Here's the question: How much responsibility does a manager have when working for a sole-proprietorship in Nevada? I worked for a restaurant last year for about 4 months as a manager. I hired and fired people, purchased supplies, paid the employees and distributors (I was a signer on the checking account), as well as waited tables and put up with the owner's ignorance of the restaurant industry. I left/was termed in July 2004, basically mutual aggreement that it wasn't working out.

This morning (May 5, 2005), I got a call from an attorney on behalf of an advertising company, demanding payment for an ad that was bought but never fully paid for. This attorney said that this was already sent to the credit bureau to be posted to my credit report and he also had my husband's information (name & SSN).

Not only did I have full permission from the owner to make decisions like this, the owner was present and participating in the discussion with the salesman. Now, the advertising company is suing me for payment.

Submitted by: triedtohelp (afriend)

You forgot the most important fact: Who ordered this advertisement?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">