• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Use of personal boat for business.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eguerrer

What is the name of your state? Florida

I would like to know if I can use my personal boat for business? I will be renting it to different people on a long term basis.

S

seniorjudge

eguerrer said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I would like to know if I can use my personal boat for business? I will be renting it to different people on a long term basis.
Whose business?

I

itsacatsworld

You better get commercial insurance, if you have an accident the IC wont cover it with private insurance.

eguerrer

I'm in the process of obtaining commercial insurance, but will it matter if the boat remains under my name?

Thanks for the reponse

S

seniorjudge

eguerrer said:
I'm in the process of obtaining commercial insurance, but will it matter if the boat remains under my name?

Thanks for the reponse
Get the advice of a tax pro (lawyer or CPA) and buy at least ten million dollars worth of liability insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">