• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's Fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sabine.damico

What is the name of your state? California

About two weeks ago, the neighbor that lives on the bottom of the hill from us, approached us and told us that he was putting up a fence in our backyard. The main reason was that he puts up a large pool in the summer and the city requires a five to six foot fence. The slope belongs to him and ends at the top of the hill. I contacted him a couple days later and he agreed that he would change from his selection of a six-foot solid wood fence to some other fence (we'd both agree on) so that we could keep part of our view.
We agreed to pay whatever cost he'd incur to upgrade to such design. He gave me the name of the company that he had talked to, told me the length of the section, told me who to speak to and said he'd be happy to postpone the construction for a couple of weeks. The next day he said that he only wanted to have a wood fence he'd selected and started construction a few days later. What can I do at this point? Sue for breach of contract?
Thanks for your advice.

BelizeBreeze

sabine.damico said:
What is the name of your state? California

About two weeks ago, the neighbor that lives on the bottom of the hill from us, approached us and told us that he was putting up a fence in our backyard. The main reason was that he puts up a large pool in the summer and the city requires a five to six foot fence. The slope belongs to him and ends at the top of the hill. I contacted him a couple days later and he agreed that he would change from his selection of a six-foot solid wood fence to some other fence (we'd both agree on) so that we could keep part of our view.
We agreed to pay whatever cost he'd incur to upgrade to such design. He gave me the name of the company that he had talked to, told me the length of the section, told me who to speak to and said he'd be happy to postpone the construction for a couple of weeks. The next day he said that he only wanted to have a wood fence he'd selected and started construction a few days later. What can I do at this point? Sue for breach of contract?
Thanks for your advice.
You don't have a contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">