• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using false identity to obtain information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

velvet_dreams

What is the name of your state? Texas

My ex-husbands wife has been calling some of my utility accounts stating that she is me to obtain information. Isnt this falsifying identity and invasion of privacy? Does anyone know the laws pertaining to this?

The electric company has the conversation recorded and has saved it for me.

S

seniorjudge

velvet_dreams said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

My ex-husbands wife has been calling some of my utility accounts stating that she is me to obtain information. Isnt this falsifying identity and invasion of privacy? Does anyone know the laws pertaining to this?

The electric company has the conversation recorded and has saved it for me.
Report this identity theft to the cops.

velvet_dreams

Thanks seniorjudge

I contacted the DA's office and they said to file charges...apparantly it is identity theft and invasion of privacy. The beauty is, she was recorded by the utility company who has kept it and will offer it up as evidence.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">