• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dmiles2000

What is the name of your state? Alabama

Last weekend I was driving around with 2 of my friends after they had been drinking. I had only had a couple of beers over the entire afternoon. It was about 6:00 when one of them (Bill) wanted me to carry him to find one of his friends. He didn't appear inebriated at all. I pulled into an apartment complex and he went to several different doors, knocked and was allowed in by each resident. He came back to the vehicle, got in and told me that the person he was looking for was in another set of apartments. I drove him to the other set and he asked my other friend (John)to get out with him. He knocked on a door and spoke with a man and they came back. John told me that we probably needed to leave so I began driving off. Bill grabbed my steering wheel, I hit my brakes and he jumped out. He knocked on another door and they let him in. I felt that there was something wrong so I told John to go and get him so we could leave. I never got out of the vehicle. John finally got out and went to get him. We loaded up and left.

It was at that time that I found out that Bill had gone into the apts. and acted like he was a policeman searching for drugs. I rode around with Bill and John for a couple of more hours to find out exactly what happened. At that time Bill became really beligerent so I carried him to his vehicle. I then carried John home and went home myself.

On Tuesday Bill told me that the people he had visited had contacted the ABI and that there would be an investigation.

I just need to know, for peace of mind, that I did nothing wrong and what, if anything I could be charged with. I spoke with one attorney and he told me that since I didn't have prior knowledge and since I never left the vehicle that I could not be charged with anything.

I need some reassurance.

Thanks in advance.

S

seniorjudge

dmiles2000 said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

Last weekend I was driving around with 2 of my friends after they had been drinking. I had only had a couple of beers over the entire afternoon. It was about 6:00 when one of them (Bill) wanted me to carry him to find one of his friends. He didn't appear inebriated at all. I pulled into an apartment complex and he went to several different doors, knocked and was allowed in by each resident. He came back to the vehicle, got in and told me that the person he was looking for was in another set of apartments. I drove him to the other set and he asked my other friend (John)to get out with him. He knocked on a door and spoke with a man and they came back. John told me that we probably needed to leave so I began driving off. Bill grabbed my steering wheel, I hit my brakes and he jumped out. He knocked on another door and they let him in. I felt that there was something wrong so I told John to go and get him so we could leave. I never got out of the vehicle. John finally got out and went to get him. We loaded up and left.

It was at that time that I found out that Bill had gone into the apts. and acted like he was a policeman searching for drugs. I rode around with Bill and John for a couple of more hours to find out exactly what happened. At that time Bill became really beligerent so I carried him to his vehicle. I then carried John home and went home myself.

On Tuesday Bill told me that the people he had visited had contacted the ABI and that there would be an investigation.

I just need to know, for peace of mind, that I did nothing wrong and what, if anything I could be charged with. I spoke with one attorney and he told me that since I didn't have prior knowledge and since I never left the vehicle that I could not be charged with anything.

I need some reassurance.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds to me like you were driving the getaway car so you could be charged with the same thing that they are or will be charged with.

S

seniorjudge

--PARIDISE-- said:
Doesn't your back hurt? You are carrying drunk people door to door, and you didn't know what was going on? :rolleyes:
Ain't you got no book larnin'? "Carry" means take! Actually, the more proper form is: "It was about 6:00 when one of them (Bill) wanted me to tote him to find one of his friends."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">