• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Elder financial expolitation and abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tolfraedic

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon

I have been the victim of Elder abuse and Exploitation by a family member, my son. Even though reported many tiems, the state has not reported, investigated, or prosecuted under the State Elder Abuse laws. Upon inquiry by my US Senator and US Representative, the Office of the Attorney General stated, it was not investigated, because I was not "indigent"

I feel that this is discriminaiton and that my civil rights, for equal protection under law, were violated.

I am 78 years old and am about to lose my financial security, as well as my self-determination, because I was coerced into a settlement with my son, wiothout adequate legal advise, and an Irrevocable Trust has been forced on me. What are my options. The lower court nullified the settlement, but the court of appeals upheld the oral settlement under Oreegon's "Objective" Contract Law, including several judicial erros, but the Oreogn Supreme Court denied a review.

Since when is a person, in this case a senior, being deprived of her rights to her own property?

Any suggestions or advise? I do not have legal counsel, because my finances are exhauseted over the past 5 years, and legal adi does not have funding for people over 65 (another discrimination).

I appreciate your opinion. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">