• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

helped feds, promised 401K, what now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hello help

helped feds, promised 4K letter, what now

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My son plead guilty to drug charges, his lawyer was to have worked with the DA's office for a deal that if my son helped the feds and testified and the testimony ended in a conviction my son would be given a 4K letter (I think it is called a 4K letter-its a letter from the DA's office stating how helpful my son was to them and that this is a reason a lighter sentence should be granted?) and be placed in a witness protection program...4/29/05 my son testified, perpetrators were found guilty, I haven't been able to get ahold of the attorney since....I assumed after my son testified he would be wisked away to some witness protection program. I'm a little concerned now that since the feds have gotten what they wanted the attorney is blowing me off. Am I looking for an answer to soon? How does this work? How do we assure that the 4K, or the witness protection program will be given my son? Do we have any assurances. And also, if they should decide to renege on the deal, what of my sons pleading guilty to his own charges, when will he be sentenced? How long before he is sentenced? His last sentencing date was 4/27/05 but of course delayed due to his needing to testify in the other case.

Last edited:

I

itsacatsworld

Talk to your lawyer. If a AUSDA reneges on a plea and it gets out Id think no defense attorney in the country could ever trust him again.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are you sure you really mean a 401k? A 401k is an employer sponsored benefit where the employee has a certain percentage of his wages deducted pre-tax and invested for him until he is 65. Sometimes the employer matches a percentage of what he puts in, sometimes not.

Where is this alleged 401k supposed to come from? Where are the contributions supposed to be deducted from?

hello help

to itsacatsworld

thanks for the advice I thought of speaking to an attorney about this or to ask him to follow up on the case

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">