• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Trespassing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tturner226

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I was at an "adult establishment" earlier tonight. I was sitting there minding my own business when a bouncer taps me on the shoulder and asks me "come with him." I was a bit surprised since I was just sitting there watching the show, but didn't want to cause a fuss so I did as he asked. So he walks me to the door and asks to see my ID which I show him. They write my name on a "banned list" and tell me that if I ever return I'll be charged with criminal trespassing. I'm not sure if they mistook me for someone else or what, but they wouldn't even tell me what I had supposedly done to get thrown out, much less permanently banned. So, my questions are this...#1 Are they required to tell me why I'm being forced to leave? #2 Since I'm not causing any harm, would going back be a valid case of criminal trespassing? (I don't intend to go back, just wondering) and #3 If it would be criminal trespassing, what would the punishment entail? I know all crimes have a "range" (3-5 years, etc.) but didn't know what it ws for this. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">