• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sale concerning Home Owners Association

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bumblebees

What is the name of your state? Pa

In our developement we have a our home owners association which owns the land and signs to the entrance of the developement. We received notice Friday night that there was to be a meeting Wednesday ( 5 days later) that we were to vote to sell half of the small plot or allow an easement so that someone can have another access to their property. We would lose control of the sign and the maintenance and trees would be removed.

The notice negelected to say where the meeting for discussion and voting is going to be held. My question is that as owners shouldn't we have receive a register letter and instead of majority should it be that all members must agree to the sale. No one has even had time to see an attorney or discuss this with their neighbors.
God bless
Brenda

JETX

bumblebees said:
My question is that as owners shouldn't we have receive a register letter
Yes, you should have received proper notice (date, time, location, etc.) of the meeting. As far as HOW you were noticed, that would require a review of your HOA rules to determine proper notice.

and instead of majority should it be that all members must agree to the sale.
What constitutes a valid vote is stated in your HOA rules.

No one has even had time to see an attorney or discuss this with their neighbors.
Then I suggest someone find the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">