• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

criminal battery that resulted in personal injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AnneY460

What is the name of your state? Nevada is where the incident occurred, but I reside in California. I was assaulted in February at a wedding in the private home of the bride and groom. The groom (very intoxicated) was the person who assaulted me. As a result of his battery, I sustained a significant personal injury that is going to require surgery. I filed a police report and signed a criminal complaint against this individual. The matter is currently being hadled by the Las Vegas P.D. and the D.A.s office.
I would like to pursue this matter on a civil level. In what capacities can I sue since this is a personal injury case resulting from a criminal offense?

shortbus

You need an injury lawyer.

You may want to wait to file your claim until you know a) how much your medical bills are and b) whether he's found guilty of the criminal charges -- this will make your civil case much stronger

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">