• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Convicted Felons--NV and others

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chelly

What is the name of your state? NV

Hi! I am just trying to figure out where to start....My fiance is a convicted felon on drug charges from 17 years ago. We are trying to find out about laws pertaining to what felons CANNOT do. For example, we know he cannot vote, but can he get a real estate license? Can he get an appraisers license? Can he get a liquor license? Can he work in a bank? Things of this sort. We are just looking for a starting point to read up on laws regarding felons. It doesn't have to be for NV proper, but a department or a web site, something like that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

jjclmn

Been looking for the same info myself!

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm in a similiar situation. I live in Washington State, so I'm sure the laws differ. But I would recommend visiting the Nevada government's website, probably www.nv.gov and do a search for your state's RCW's. Some felonies can be expunged from a person's record after a certain amount of time. My state's website was very informative, but you have to read very carefully. Legal speak is not plain English, if you know what I mean!
Hope this info helps.
jjclmn

chelletruett

Here in Ohio we have to go by the Ohio Revised Code. I did a search using the keywords "Nevada Revised Code" and many sites came up that may have what you are looking for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">