• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminate Parental Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KellieCarpenter

What is the name of your state? West Virginia

I have a 5 year old little girl (Patience) born 1-7-2000 that my husband and I have been raising since she was 9 months old. When she was 23 months old (12-7-2001) both Biological parents signed over custody because they were both unable to care for the child. Since then both parents have been in and out of trouble with the law. DUI's , DWI's , Domestic Violence , Disorderly Conduct among others. The Father has not seen Patience since the day he signed papers. The Mother only see's Patience maybe once a year and only if we drive her to Ohio to visit. Both parents owe well over 6,000 back child support each.The Father has just recentley started paying after state of WV went after his pay. Patience hasnt recieved any cards or gifts for any Birthdays. Has no contact with the father doesnt even know who he is and only talks to the Mother once every 3-4 months at the most. I was wondering if I had grounds to terminate parental rights so Husband and I could Adopt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">