• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New York State Amend Dissolution requesting spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shizzam

What is the name of your state? New York Franklin County

I completed my dissolution with filed QDRO in 2000. I just found out that my attorney who represented me up there was suspended until summer of 2006 for misconduct in New York state during the time he was representing me in a dissolution with my ex in Franklin County.

Based off the findings of misrepresentation and suspension of my attorney;

1. Can I go back into court and have the case amended to receive the temporary spousal support I was never provided during the 12 months the dissolution was being resolved?

2. Seeing that my ex did not follow the judgement in selling the home, but refinanced it to pay me off, can I motion the court on the same amendment to request relief for the difference he paid me and what the real current value of the home sold for?

3. This dissolution caused me tremendous financial burden and I had to file a chapter 7 BK which was discharged back in 2003.

4. What are my options and where can I get assistance from a competent NY licensed & practicing attorney?

Please advise?

thank you

sharon m

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">