• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easement - Bad Faith?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dlamonica

What is the name of your state?California
Title insurance included physical access unknowing that actual access did not exist. Access has been through a private property for over 27 years. The private property now has a new owner. New owner has blocked access and the title company has tried to reconcile via negotiations but to no avail. The title company is taking this to court.

If the new owner negotiates at the last minute, can the title company accept any offer and terms without consulting insures? Is there a link to bad faith if the title company agrees to something that the title holders do not agree with? How can we get the title company to work in our best interest?

P.S. this involves 17 land/home owners, 6 of them having easement rights within newer policies.

I appreciate your time and knowledge

S

seniorjudge

dlamonica said:
What is the name of your state?California
Title insurance included physical access unknowing that actual access did not exist. Access has been through a private property for over 27 years. The private property now has a new owner. New owner has blocked access and the title company has tried to reconcile via negotiations but to no avail. The title company is taking this to court.

If the new owner negotiates at the last minute, can the title company accept any offer and terms without consulting insures? Is there a link to bad faith if the title company agrees to something that the title holders do not agree with? How can we get the title company to work in our best interest?

P.S. this involves 17 land/home owners, 6 of them having easement rights within newer policies.

I appreciate your time and knowledge

You need to get a lawyer to protect YOUR interests.

The title company has a lawyer protecting its interests; you should do the same.

dlamonica

Easement - Bad Faith

You replied to get a lawyer. Do I hire the lawyer to obtain the easement and not go through title, or do I hire an attourney for an appeal? Please explain how to work this out for my best interest.

It is my understanding that easement cases may be years and many dollars.

Many Thanks

S

seniorjudge

dlamonica said:
You replied to get a lawyer. Do I hire the lawyer to obtain the easement and not go through title, or do I hire an attourney for an appeal? Please explain how to work this out for my best interest.

It is my understanding that easement cases may be years and many dollars.

Many Thanks
Q: Do I hire the lawyer to obtain the easement and not go through title, or do I hire an attourney for an appeal?

A: I have no idea what you are asking.

Anyway, YOU go hire a lawyer today and explain everything to that lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">