• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

joint gueadianship paternal grandmother and non family member

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lsugy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have an interesting question...I am interested in obtaining joint custody of a minor child with the paternal grandmother. Both biological parents are deceased and the guardians (non family members) that have the child now no longer want him. They want to give guardianship to a maternal Aunt. What are the chances to get joint custody?

Last edited:

S

seniorjudge

lsugy said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Missouri

I have an interesting quetion...I am interested in obtaining joint custody of a minor child with the paternal grandmother. Both biological parents are deceased and the guardians (non family memebers) that have the child now no longer want him. They want to give guardianship to a maternal Aunt. What are the chances to get joint custody?
You will have to get a lawyer and file for guardianship.

No one can tell you what your chances are.

lsugy

Thanks for your reply....I have an appointment with a lawyer on Wednesday. I just wish there were some similar cases that I could find to help me.

S

seniorjudge

lsugy said:
Thanks for your reply....I have an appointment with a lawyer on Wednesday. I just wish there were some similar cases that I could find to help me.
Each case is unique; there are no similar cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">