• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

waited too long to file for LTD?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

locknest

What is the name of your state? CA
I left my job 3 years ago, went on state disability then SSDI. At the time I should have filed for LTD with my company, I was unable to cope with just about anything. I worked for an insurance company, and did have a pre existing condition that was aggravated by an injury- it was the final straw medically for me. (none of this is wc) There were also huge stress issues at this job- I didn't have what it took to take on a fight, so I never filed. My current therapist believes that there might be some type of "higher law" than the time limitation for filing stated on the LTD policy. Anyone ever hear of this? Since getting divorced this year, it would make the difference between Welfare and at least getting by. Thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I cannot even imagine any circumstances under which you can apply for LTD three years after the fact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">